- This event has passed.
1st Consultation Workshop on the ASEAN Guidelines for Promoting CSA Practices
July 7, 2021, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC+7
Participation based on invitation only
As a means to further promote the application of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices in the region, the ASEAN-CRN aims to complement the existing two volumes with
- a third volume covering more CSA practices, while reflecting on latest trends in CSA and considering the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- an “implementation framework” providing general principles/recommendations for how to further advance CSA in ASEAN
The process will be supported by the project “Climate Smart Land Use in ASEAN” (CSLU), financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ.
On behalf of ASEAN-CRN, the virtual event will be hosted by the Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute, also acting as this year`s Chair of the ASEAN Working Group on Agriculture Research and Development (ATWAGRD)
- Gather information on how existing CSA Guidelines are being perceived by stakeholders
- Reflect on ideas for and different perspectives on Vol 3 and the Implementation Framework
- Create joint understanding of way forward
Target group: ASEAN-CRN members, national focal points from ATWAGRD and other selected ASEAN sectoral bodies, representatives of development agencies and research institutions.
About the ASEAN Guidelines on Land Use, please visit:
Relevant ASEAN Guidelines on Land Use