The guideline presents two major obstacles followed by recommendations in attempt to upscale CSA in the region: minimum regional cooperation and implementation of good practices. The guideline identified selected crops with high climate risk before proceeding to the good practices which AMS can refer to. The technical guidelines cover the following topics:
– Stress tolerant maize varieties
– Stress tolerant rice varieties
– Agro insurance using weather indices
– Alternate wetting & drying
– Cropping calendar for rice and maize
The ASEAN Regional Guidelines for Promoting Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Practices Vol 1 was endorsed by the 37th AMAF, 10 September 2015, Makati City, Philippines.